Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peet's Coffee


God it's been a long time. Why isn't there a Peet's in New York?? Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. You don't want to expand too far because the quality will suffer. This just in—the coffee in New York sucks. There, I said it. Someone will probably kill me now for saying that. But seriously, it sucks. It's weak and watery. Starbucks is just a place where homeless people go to the bathroom and soak their beards in free milk. Dunkin Donuts, if it ever used to be good, now tastes sour and funky as hell. For all of the amazing things here, you'd think decent coffee would be easier to come by. Anyone reading, feel free to correct me or point me in the right direction. I'm sure there are a few great cups of coffee to be found, but so far, none in the mile and a half between my apartment and my office. And there are some pretty foodie blocks in that walk. Ok, this has gone on long enough. Peet, I love you and your delicious brown coffee. And I'll come see you every time I am in California. Love, me.


No comments: