Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Clinton Street Baking Co.

I have been avoiding this place since we moved to New York. I read about it somewhere and it sounds exactly like the kind of place I would love, until I got to the part about there always being a crowd. I hate crowded little restaurants. Well, on a recent snowy morning I played hookey and thought I might sneak in without a crowd. Wrong. Big crowd, little restaurant. Luckily I was flying solo and a counter seat opened up almost immediately. Woot woot! I got a buttermilk biscuit sandwich with scrambled eggs, cheddar, chives, bacon and tomato preserves (= fancy ketchup). It was amazing. I don't know if I could wait a hour for it, but it was great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still dying to try their pancakes, seven and a half years after moving here. I'm also waiting for that magical day when no one else shows up. Just me and a plate of blueberry pancakes.